Thursday, November 22, 2007

*Omuraisu*

*
I know, I know. Everyone is blogging about it. It's Thanksgiving. But this is Brazil. And, unfortunately, it is not celebrated here.
.
But that is no reason to not have a pumpkin and clover chocolate chip mini-cake. Or to cook a special dinner tonight. Maybe.
*
Btw, nice to meet you. This is my kitchen:
*
I had a craving for Omuraisu today, thanks to Cooking Mama. So I decided to give it a try. How difficult can a rice omelet be? Honestly, it was much easier than I feared it to be. That salad took me much longer to make.
.
I followed the recipe from JustHungry. I only couldn't make myself add ketchup to the rice. So I used tomato paste instead. And I also added one of my favorite: chicken baloney. Yum!
.
You will need:

- 1 cup rice (white or brown)
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Chicken or ham
- Ketchup
- 2 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste

(click on photos to enlarge)









.
And some new yummies I picked up this morning:


Poppy seeds. This will be interesting. And that pineapple and mint tea is really good.
*
And off to work. If you do, have a great thanksgiving meal!
*

No comments: