Tuesday, February 12, 2008

*more engrish. and a cup of tea*

*
No matter how strong is my desire to cook right now... whatever has overcome me is currently stronger. So all I'm having today is fruit and chicken soup, and a lot of tea.
.
Speaking of which, I am quite the enthusiast. So I thought i would share my most recent acquisitions:
Black tea from the Japanese market
Mate with almond extract
Green tea with Lychee and Vanilla
Green tea with Tangerine and Clover
.
The mate tea with almond extract looks specially comforting. But due to the poor condition my stomach is currently in I'm sipping a concoction of lemon grass with apple and strawberry. Comforting and delicious.
*

*
Obviously, the reason why I am feeling so poorly is due to my excess of gastronomical curiosity/enthusiasm on Sunday. Enchiladas from Chile, Acarajé from Bahia with hot sauce, Korean ice cream, sandwiches, and sushi and a lot of chocolate to top it all off did not prove to be a wise combination.
.
But as always, our weekend visit to the Oriental side of Sao Paulo proved very entertaining... The Chinese food markets are not as clean or organized as the Japanese, but have some interesting items.
Cock Fish Sauce. Yeah, Cock.
What in the world is a wife plum?
Oh my poor native nuts.
On a personal note, I must say that the spicy Chinese pickles (specially Chard, Mustard Leafs, Bamboo and Turnips) have become one of my favorite things to put in a quick omelet or to eat with rice. Yummy.
*

*
Back to my tea. And that chicken soup.
*

No comments: